2015年10月15日木曜日

*Book Review* part1

     Just a year ago, I started to work at a really famous cafe (maybe everyone has drunk it, and  many people want to give their's coffee 5 stars!). After starting the part-time job, I have to drink coffee everyday to study the taste, fragrance, color, and so on... At first, in the fact, I didn't have interesting about the kinds of coffee. However, an event change my lazy mind!
     
     It happened in April. When I work as a part-time job at the cafe like usual, my boss suddenly taught me the origin of the coffee beans. She said "These coffee beans are found by a boy. There is a boy in Ethiopia, and he wondered about that energy from one red beans. After he found the effect of one red beans; he started to drink it ." When I listened this history of coffee, I was drawn into the world of coffee, and I though that I have to know and tell about the knowledge of coffee as a staff of the cafe. This event happened in my usual part-time job made me study about coffee more.

     And now, I'm reading a book; "Coffee Culture-Local Experiences, Global Connections". This book is written by Catherine M. Tucker, and it was published in 2011. In this book, the author taught me the history, and a lot of  knowledges.  Of course, there is a story of the birthplace of coffee beans, and my cafe which I worked sometimes appears:) 

     In this book, she said that coffee is a beverage that is drunk next to water and milk. In addition, the history of the connection between people and coffee is about 500 years. I was surprised the length of the history! 

     I haven't read this book enough yet, but I'm looking forward to reading the end of this book!

4 件のコメント:

  1. Its really intersting to think that one person can make an impact on someones life but just one story!
    I dont
    understand the difference in
    smell and taste in coffe so Im interested in learing more about the details!

    返信削除
  2. Your story why you choose that book is interesting for me.
    I don't work at the shop relating to food, but I'm interested in that.
    I guess you work really hard, so I'm sure you're a good clerk:)

    返信削除
  3. It's surprising that people tried to drink such bitter liquid 500 years ago! I'm interested in coffee, so I wanna learn about it through your blog. And now I know where you work, I will come visit you sometime ;P

    返信削除
  4. The reason why you chose the book is interesting. I think your boss did good job. I didn't know connection between coffee and people have been continued 500 years. I'm so surprised! After you read the book, your skill of the part-time job will be developed more.

    返信削除